Thursday 27 December 2012

Breastfeeding Journey

Hello.

My son is 6 months today. And he's already started his first solid food on tuesday hari tu. Awal 2 hari. Nvm. In fact, you can give your child their first solid food from 4-6 mnths when you think they are ready. Err rasa bersalah sikit tgk anak sendiri makan. Berselera bukan main. I should feed him earlier than I would. Jangan fikir apa org kata, yang penting you know what's best for your child.

My breastfeeding journey tidak lah smooth like other mommies outhere. Alhamdulillah atas rezeki yg Allah bagi sehingga sekarang. Im not exclusive bf mommy sbb awal2 dh bg ar rayyan fm sikit sbb dia jaundice. Time tu susu mmg tak banyak after deliver. Dah berurut baru lah ada. I dont mind giving him fm if that can makes him better. Takkan nak biar anak prolong jaundice kan. I dont want to be a selfish mommy.

Masa dlm pantang husband is the one who cook for me. Lobak putih, sayur sawi and all that can increase my milk supply to ar rayyan, semua dia masakkan. Alhamdulillah. I bought Shaklee set berpantang include alfafa as milk booster. It did helps tapi awal awal je then back to normal. Kdg kdg kesian tgk ar rayyan nangis lapar nak susu sbb dia tak kenyang. I feel bad. Bad mommy. Then bagi jgk fm sikit. I took anmum's milk utk bf mommies jgk. Membantu lah sikit.

Then my MIL introduced me habbatussauda, now, this is working on me. Makan je malam, subuh tu dh basah lencun baju. Then mcm biasa lah, maybe bdn bila dh immune sangat dgn suatu mknan tu dia jadi mcm takde effect. So I stop. I drink dried longan and red dates tea instant. Kat carrefour ke tesco ade je jual. It helps too.

I rarely pumped since Im SAHM and working from home jugak. So most of the time, I df je. Susahnya bila df, you dont know how much oz your baby drink. Cukup ke tak, tu semua mcm jd persoalan. Unless the b's are transparent boleh la tau kan. :p

In my case, bila ar rayyan tgh df and tetiba dia mengamuk, tu tak cukup lah. So I change to the other one. Sampai dia lepaskan sendiri. Means dia dh kenyang.

Bila pump, rezeki susu tu kais pagi makan pagi, kais petang makan petang. Pump today, supply for tomorrow. Itupun if I need to go to the office. If not, tidak lah pump.

Milk booster setiap orang lain lain. Some works for other people but not for me dan sebaliknya. I noticed, cheese and chocholate is my power milk booster. But takkan lah hari hari makan cheese? I wont get my pre pregnancy weight lah cmtu.

One thing I noticed yg fakta, what you eat is what your baby will eat. Its MILK. I drink HL milk, and noticed susu tu lagi pekat. Tak cair. I dont know about other people. But Im saying this as my experience.

Different people, diff body, diff booster. Remember that. Ada orang minum old town hazelnut white coffee pn boleh susu jd banyak. So, its a try and error game.

Until now, Im still fully bf my son. But I do keep a small box of FM just in case. I dont have stocks. My fault sbb tak buat stock. But how to make if baby nak df je and if buat baby tak nak bm, then buang. Pembaziran disitu.

I keep praying to Allah give me chances to fully bf my son with Allah's will. Rezeki dtg drpd Allah. Dont feel bad if you dont get a chance to feed your child with breast milk. And giving your child with FM wont make you a bad mom. And please, giving our child bm or fm wont determine how smart our child will be. NO its NOT.

BM is the best for baby because of the nutritients and whatnots. FM is good too because nowadays manufacturer provides vitamins and nutritients that needs by baby.

But HOW ARE WE GOING TO EDUCATE AND TRAIN OUR CHILD FROM BORN TIL THEY GROW UP IS WHAT MATTERS MOST. A kita corakkan, A lah dia. B kita corakkan B lah dia.

Be smart. Dont be too typical minded sangat for those mommy yang fanatic sgt dgn BM. Rezeki Allah yang bagi. Bersyukur apa ada. My two cents!

Selagi boleh usaha, I'll keep trying. Yang penting doa, tawakal dan redha.

2 comments:

  1. MZ tau masak weiiii. hebat okk. haha. KR masak megi masak air tau la.kakaka.nk tgk dia msk once in a blue moon tu pn i duduk sblh ajar.kakakaka.

    raising kids is no joke.xyah nk fanatik sgt la.its about moderation.

    i like this post! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha. ade lg nk ckp tp tak tercakap. ckup2 la tuh. :p

      Delete

Got something to say?